Thread: Scotch
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 09:45 AM

Well, went to another lovely tasting at Vintage last night with a friend. Don't have time to do a thorough review, but had some great whisky on the menu. Got to try the new Black Arts, was extremely good but the price point was too prohibitive for me ($340)...the new Highland Park Valkyrie was fantastic, about double the peat that they normally use. Absolutely loved it. My favorite of the night though was the Arran Smuggler's Volume 3, Exciseman. Just fantastic, beautiful whisky, the only sad part was I was only able to get one bottle. There were 8 to sell, and one was 'extra', but I lost a tense round of paper rock scissors and had to watch two bottles walk out with another gent. *Sigh*. I'm going to try and track one down to put away, as the one I have is going to get opened. So good....

https://www.arranwhisky.com/about/ne...-the-exciseman

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone