View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 04:00 PM

It is both funny and not funny at the same time. Maybe too early for some jokes however some reality is funny.

On the serious side one has to hope no one either died of the stress nor committed suicide rather than hit by radiation fall out.

On the lesser serious side...maybe a run on the "day after" pill. No point using protection if we are dying.

Also...on the intermediate side...I wonder how many marriages are ending because a partner said to the other...since we are all going to die I want to live my last seconds with the one I really love.

Then there is the fallout politically.

The goof that made the mistake is out of a job. Hard to live that down. Still...I would ask. Was he trained to know what buttons to push when? If yes...resignation accepted. If not...resignation rejected and mr boss person is let go. Accountability and consequences for something so critical seems to be lax.

Then there is people thinking North Korea is laughing. Ummm. Not. If I were North Korean I would of shut my pants. Simply put...If a nuke hit Hawaii from North Korea it would be followed up by a massive number of short range missiles hitting all their missile launch points. Followed by a few US nukes. Kim would be dead as would most of North Korea.

Still...if you are North Korea...why on earth would you hit Hawaii...minimal damage to US infrastructure for 100% of the after pain on North Korea. You would want a missile to hit anywhere in mainland USA.

That being said...they know the US could potentially knock them out of the sky...which means bam...they still get shut bombed.

In all sense of reality...common sense dictates no missile would ever hit Hawaii. Yes...I do believe neither Kim nor Donald want to launch nukes. They just want to bluster. Cause what is the point of being obnoxious if you are dead.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin