View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 07:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223MB View Post
I think there’s a major change in parents behaviour between soccer (a non contact sport) to a sport like hockey or football. Parents orgasm when their kid lays a big hit, but all of a sudden when the role is reversed and it’s their kid on the receiving end all hell breaks loose, regardless if it was a clean check or not.
My advice to hockey parents is. hockey is a contact sport, he’s gona get hit, he’s gona get hurt and if you don’t like it don’t play the sport. Most coaches like myself don’t get paid (even at the club level), we dedicate 5+ days a week to your kids whom we didn’t even know prior to the season, we aren’t out their to sabotage their NHL careers we are there to help them grow as hockey players and young men.
High level of soccer is actually quite physical. **Not to the point of hockey** but you'll always have the one crappy player that will try to take out the good players and I've seen parents try to storm the field lol indoor especially cause players get tripped into the boards.