Thread: 50 hp merc help
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_erickson View Post
I wish i could put a 75 on it, but it says its only rated for a 60 hp. No one has been able to tell me exactly what would happen if i were to put a bigger engine on it. I'm moving to Quesnel, BC as soon as my house sells, and i cant wait to get it on on lakes like dragon, ten mile and more importantly quesnel and horsefly lake. The last two are BIG bodies of water and i want to cruise 60-80 km up the lake and set up camp on the edge of the water. The boat is all setup for salmon fishing with 2 scotty electric downriggers and i got the rods and stuff for deep trolling so i can hit the 40 lb lakers and 20 lb rainbows they say the lake holds, but in order to do that i need something that will get up and move and won't power out on me. I'd also like to be able to maybe have someone tube behind the boat in the summer and i know with the way it's running right now theres no chance of that.
Gonna need a whole lot more motor & boat to see those speeds. I've got a 17ft with a 115 4stroke Yamy that will only do 48mph.