View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Trappers aren't pulling their weight? I would expect that the guys with the most to lose from wolf predation against sheep, SHEEP HUNTING OUTFITTERS AND GUIDES, would be the ones out there doing something. Why would you expect others to ensure that your business remains viable. If you don't want to get out there with a rifle and get after the wolves perhaps as a group you could contract some trappers to address your problem.

And Sheepguide, honestly, not trying to be snarky. Just seems like you guys should be the ones taking action if it's impacting your livelihood. Perhaps you are and I just don't know it.
Some Ourfitters do! Some are registered trappers in their aread and a few take winter wolf hunts. As well some run dogs to control cat populations so they do do their part.

No actually we shouldn't. All people in the outdoors should be helping. Like I said trappers want nothing to do with helping the wolf population issues than maybe wolves should be open to anyone to trap. These a good number of guys that would go out to just trap wolves just for a hobby. I know a couple that do now on private land and would give anything to in the West Country but are restricted because trappers have some rights to trap wolves there.