View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 04:03 PM

Is it just me??? I am having a hard time following your reasoning process SG. You have made comments in earlier posts such as "trappers are not pulling their weight"...and then 2 posts ago... "some are registered trappers...so they do their part" What??????? So...trappers who aren't also outfitters are not real trappers? Or...oufitters who trap are the only type of trappers who know enough about animal behavior to be an effective trapper?
Also, at the end of your posts, you have a quote..."I hunt sheep to see over the next mountain not to measure the next trophy". Doesn't this quote contradict almost every post you made the last 24 hours...comments that "Alberta is not the sheep mecca it used to be" and other comments that state that "squeaker rams" might not be the goal for serious sheep hunters.It just seems you are interested in more and bigger sheep than your quote says.
Once again, I am not looking to argue with you for argument's sake. I do find it admirable you feel so strongly about a topic that affects Alberta and its wildlife...but I can't find any consistency in your posts. It seems you post and state what's "in your craw" at that particular moment...without first thinking it through or wondering how you are maybe "targeting" other "wildlife stakeholders". Then, you spend a great deal of time defending your views and your position...all the while contradicting yourself. I do find your posts and your views interesting and entertaining, but would like to see you bring more facts and fewer contradictions to the table. Nothing wrong with feeling strongly about a topic...we need to be outspoken on issues that are relevant to the outdoor pastimes we care so much about. But in the future, please think first, post second, bring actual substantiated facts, and respect other outdoor groups in your comments.
And if you ever do find a way in the system that will allow you to reduce those wolf numbers...and you need a hand...feel free to contact me.I will never pass down an opportunity to be in our great outdoors and would definitely drive a few hours to give you a hand.
Good hunting.