View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
How many bowzones do you have in b.c?

Other than disability permits, I have yet to hear a valid reason to include a weapon that is dubbed by pro xbow supports as a inferior weapon.

A season for it should be made, but NOT to be included in the archery season......they are Not the same.

I will do whatever I can to keep that weapon out of the archery season.

Comparing Bc or any other place to Alberta, is not a similar comparison. We are a unique province, with different draws, and seasons . What may work well somewhere, might not do well here.
BC does not have bow zones. We have a ten day bow season open on any legal hunting land. That is followed by the general open season with any legal weapon, including bows, anywhere were hunting is permitted.

I know of other jurisdictions that have bow zones or bowhunting in urban areas were crossbows have been included in the archery season and none of the "problems" so often imagined by bowhunters has occurred because of it.

Take Tennessee as an example were crossbows have been included with the archery season under huge and very vocal protest from the bowhunters. Two years later everybody agrees, even the most militant bowhunters, that the decision has had none of the negative impacts feared. You're right about Alberta being different and so is every other jurisdiction in North America, they are all unique, yet most see a way to make crossbows legal for ALL hunters and given time it will come in Alberta too. Like it or not to guarantee a future for bowhunting the growing popularity of the crossbow will do what the invention of compound bow did.