View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 03:58 PM

Default BRP ends E-tec outboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
I have no idea when talking inland or Great Lakes but once you hit salt water Yamaha is very much the dominant brand in big outboards. You just need to take a look around when fishing to tell there are way more Yamahas out there. I’d go as far as to say that when it comes to big running power Yamahas would out number all other motors on the chuck combined especially when it comes to people who count on their motors for their livelihood. It’s just that night and day.

My comment was in reference to the boats you would find here in Alberta. Princecraft, Lund, and Crestliner, will all have Mercs on them as part of the package since they are all owned by Brunswick. With the new deal BRP made with Merc it looks like Alumacraft will have Mercs as well.

You can certainly buy a bare boat and hang a different brand outboard on it, but it will cost you more and is generally less convenient.

Salt water is a whole different animal, but anywhere inland I would say that Merc will have the lions share going forward.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors