View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
I suspect that the majority of the market that is no longer going to BRP will be going to Merc... so IMO the reliability of Japanese 4 strokes is a moot point.
Can you please explain what you meant about Japanese outboards?

My understanding is that Mercury re-brands 30 hp and under Tohatsus as Mercury, makes some motors in China and makes over 75 hp outboards in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
Because Canadians don't or won't support their own industries. They expect Canadian products to be world class but won't support those industries that try and do that.

And it's not only unfortunate for me, but for this entire country. Let's all buy US or Asian products. .
Agreed. However, we have reached the point where very few things are still made here. I don't think anyone has made outboard motors in Canada since the 1990's, for example.

Does anyone have a list of Canadian manufacturers of consumer products? I think General Electric still has a plant in Ontario but I don't think they make anything for the general public any more. I also think that Bombardier, or spin-offs, make some planes (not consumer products) and snow vehicles in Quebec. Some farm equipment. Anything else? Help required, thanks.

Last edited by sk270; 05-29-2020 at 05:55 PM.