View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin View Post
you bring up some great points. i talked to a CO the other day and they are all hating this device. there is no room for 'field judgement' on their part. they used to be able to 'move the string a little' in years past and this device puts them in a crappy position in regards to enforcement. they have removed the discretion of the measurer scenario. i would be very nervous to bring in a tight sheep.
Well I think some guys are pushing that string call too much and putting officers in a tough spot honestly. And then there are those sheep that are left in a bush after shot because it was not what they thought.
The reason for this post was to just help out a bit and to let you know there is no more give and take on the officers side of things. It's actually in the hands of the bio now as the one calling the shots with this new jig they got. The new system you will need more horn length on squeeker rams and most squeekers in the pat won't be squeeking any more.
Just saying do yourself a favour when out there for sheep cause it's a different ballgame now.