View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose smasher View Post
Crossbows will give new hunters another option on which weapons to choose to hunt with. Many will give them up in favour of a compound due to the compounds many advantages over a crossbow.By your numbers less then 15% of Alberta's hunters are archery hunters. I think allowing crossbows in all seasons would raise that number even if it meant a lottery tag draw system. If more then 85% don't archery hunt maybe they should close the early archery season and open the firearms seasons then? I hope that never happens but if you want to keep the majority happy this would do it. I have no agenda as far as crossbows go Potty but you are the one constantly putting them down and insulting their users. Including crossbow in the archery seasons would increase the percentage of archery hunters in Alberta and it would have no effect on game populations.

Goose smasher
So you believe people who never hunted, would get their hunters course done, and start hunting with a xgun, before a bow or even more a rifle or shotgun?

Even though, xguns ARE permitted to be used during the general season already, without a permit or handicap.

Again, I don't know why it bothers all you guys that I / MY opinion is that they don't belong in the archery season.....

As far as no effect on the populations, there's no evidence of that, and no other jurisdiction in North America makes a good case study. Because nowhere in N.A is the diversity in game, seasons, terrain and draws like Alberta.

Recruitment levels of archery hunters isn't a problem in alberta, we don't need to increase them . They are already increasing to levels, that Esrd has deemed essential to put on draw for certain species...