View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 12:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocked View Post
Not sure if I am doing this right. First post here ever. This discussion fascinates me. I have a question for anyone or everyone for that matter. Does anyone here know a hunter that has a crossbow licence? Not the friend of a friend or a cousin of a friends sister's mother in law, but actually know someone personally? What did they have to go through to get it and why? and I guess while we are at it what would your reaction be to meeting up with someone in the woods with crossbow in hand?
Welcome to the forum. I have a non-corrective shoulder injury that I was approved for a crossbow permit about 15 years ago. I had to go through pretty much the same loops as you did and under the new system I have to get a note from the Doctor every 3 years to take to SRD (they can make you do it every year if they want to). I don't worry about what anyone thinks about me using it and they are welcomed to phone RAP on me if they wish. I've never had a problem with anyone but I've only ever seen one fella while I've been hunting with it. Stay calm and hunt on!