View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado_knight View Post
I made a big rookie mistake I didn’t think I was at first but after wards realized the gravity of what I was doing.

Recently got my bow bow license bird license been practicing shooting and wanted a nice day out in the bush. My buddy has his bird and a general WT tag. We been hunting out in white court together and felt maybe a closer day trip to cooking lake. He picked up a bow license and we headed out. As first season out I wasn’t expecting to get a deer and if i sightings where good is pick one up at lunch for afternoon hunt or let my buddy with the general deer tag take the shot.

We see nothing and head back to the truck to be greater by fish and wild life. Unfortunately I guess that area you need a special deer license for strath and a general WT isn’t good enough. She was nice educated we apologized and explained our thinking and where nothing short of apologetic and cooperative.

We both ended up getting slapped with hunting with out a license ticket and a court date. She didn’t seize the bow or anything due to our co operation with her. But how screwed am I. I realize I made a big mistake afterwards by checking I hunter witch says sept 1-nov 30 is WT general archery. But it’s a private app and I should of went back to reading the regs better.

How much of a fine am I looking at says up to 50,000 I really can’t afford that I feel super bad for what I did I hate to be lumped in as a poacher when i had 0 intent of poaching just made a stupid error in judgment.
If you've got the details correct, she's wrong. You can use your general whitetail in Strathcona with archery equipment only, as it is within WMU 248.
She is referring to the Strathcona tags which are separate and different. They also come with a specified season and requirements and can ONLY be used within Strathcona county and parts of Leduc county. If you guys were using shotguns to try and fill a general tag I can see her line of thinking.

Now, if you told her you were hunting whitetails also, then you are in the wrong. You didn't have a tag. I can't see how your buddy got charged though.
If all you were doing was hunting grouse and coyotes with your bow and looking for a promising deer spot, it'll get thrown out in court.