View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 06:53 PM

Me and a friend tried to fish North Raven a few years ago. It was in fall and I remember we spent something like 4 hours fishing and walking the stream. We saw one small fish that darted immediately while we were still far away. Otherwise there was nothing at all. We did end up on the raven where it connected with the North Raven and there were some brook trout hitting our flies.

To be honest I've found that whole red deer drainage pretty ****ty. We did little red deer a few times and came out with a sucker only for 2 two days of walking around. I went to prairie creek and although it's much better, there's just not as many fish per km as you'd expect and the sizes were not impressive. I found the elbow near calgary looks and feels similar but seems to hold the number and locations of fish you'd expect.

I kind of wonder if the 'you've gotta be good to fish there' mentality is pushing people to fish it when in reality what should be said is 'it's not good fishing there' and just let a stressed fishery have some pressure taken off of it.