View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
if put to a vote i would abstain. personally i don't see the need for one and i would'nt put one on any of my firearms.
on the other hand, some good points made to have them, such as hearing protection on the range.
quite honestly, don't think they will ever be legal in canada in my lifetime.

also i'm thinking that they would be costly and need to be replaced/refurbished fairly regularly, though i haven't seen any posts about that on this thread.
In Europe, where they don't have the silly tax, they are not expensive. You can get effective rimfire ones for less than about $50 which last 10s of thousands of rounds.
Larger calibre ones obviously cost a bit more, but will last equally as long. Probably longer than the barrel of your rifle.

It saddens me that people won't support their fellow shooter, and even admit defeat before we've even started. For anyone here to immediately dismiss them is folly. If you shoot on a range, or varmint shoot, or shoot anywhere near other people I guarantee you would see a benefit if you actually tried one.

It's like the green vegatables when you're a kid, you don't know you'll like it until you try it.

And personally I'd support any of my fellow shooters to get something they want even if I'd never use it myself.

If we all had a united front we would achieve a lot more.

I'll say it again, if the uk can get them, why can't we? Their laws are much stricter.