View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Obviously you hunt a different area then I do. Here one bird per flock per hunter is the norm no matter what action the shooter is using.

Oh sure some times one does get a second shot, even I do with my bolt action, but no where near often.

And yes, going to a single shot in of itself does not improve one's shooting, but it does promote better aiming.

One thing I do agree with wholeheartedly, a better fit does help a lot.

However, few people know how to check for fit and fewer still understand how to adjust for it.

I must admit that even though I know how to check fit and how to adjust it, I never bother. I find I can hit with any shotgun if I aim well.

I suppose because I don't have access to skeet or sporting clays equipment nor does anyone I know.

Or maybe it's because I learned to wing shoot before such things were available in this area.
How well you hit depends on your standards and expectations, a properly fitted shotgun can take you from 80% to 90+%, but if you are happy with 80% you may not notice the difference. And if you try to aim using the beads, you will never shoot to potential regardless of the shotgun you use. As far as skeet and sporting clays go an A or AA shooter in either discipline will shoot better on birds than most hunters ever will.