View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
Snap you are the man. I had 2 days like that about 2 or 3 years ago that still brings a smile to my face. Caught 12 of those sows in two days and it never happened again. Get the odd one but glad to see you had a wicked day. There's times when they just cruise around with that blank look in their eyes. They turn on your hook and refuse from ten feet away but the rare day they just like pike down there. Battle lake is the same just gotta put in your time. Great job buddy I just love those jumbo whites. I would mount that hog just because of her dimensions.
Yeah, putting in the time is required. It's not like this my first trip out this year. I've been at it since the 3rd weekend in November...at least once a week. I didn't start catching until new years eve. I hope that paints a picture for some that think it is a particular hook or luck. It isn't. I'm sure pikeman06 would agree

Pikeman, that morning yesterday was insane. After 4 fish on the ice I pulled the JJ out and stuck to the rod I was holding . Caught the last 2 by hand meaning I would drop the WW down and watch on the flasher until the marks aligned, hold the line between my two fingers, then, wait for a tug and set the hook. They were that aggressive. I got those last two in less than 10 minutes.

Still so stoked!