View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasc43 View Post
Edmonton has two..
For now they do. The way of the future is going to be less overhead and that will mean less brick and mortar stores less stock on shelves and less staff.
I forget where i seen it but IIRC, Cabelas posted their net profits from a few years back and it wasn't that impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmatei View Post
Lets hope that Walmart sees this as an opportunity to get serious in the canadian market. They do pretty well in the US with their hunting and fishing department. If you look online at Walmart.com you see a good cross section of brands and prices are good.

If Wal Mart hasn't done it in all the years they have been in Canada it most likely isn't gonna happen. The Canadian gun laws will keep Wal Mart gun departments in the USA. Plus IIRC in the USA the gun makers will stock your store with guns and you can pay by installment. In Canada you pay the gun makers up front for your stock, thats why the big box stores have such a selection of guns down south.
Wal Mart in the USA also has there own fleet of trucks: Here in Canada they won't even consider buying their own fleet.

I would like to see some of the big box stores expand but the cost of stocking the shelves and overhead is saying things will go a different way. Plus society is leaning hard towards on line shopping more and more all the time. I remember years ago when I was young me and some buddys use to head to the states on a gun/ammo shopping, beer drinking weekend, but even that has changed now with Homeland Security. Times are changing and it's likely not gonna be getting better for us gun owners anytime soon. .....

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."
- Bob Hagel