View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Hold on just a minute, DU is almost 100% funded by donations from hunters and a lot of the land they have is donated by hunters. I would never have supported DU all these years if they did not allow hunting on the land, and neither would most other hunters. DU is NOT a private owner, they are a membership group set up for very specific reasons.

I own land, who I let on and under what terms is strictly my call. DU and ACA are not "private" individuals and answer to Boards set up to ensure they meet the mandates they were set up for. To try and equate their holding of land to a simple comparison to private property is far from accurate. If you think it is the same, you don't understand either group properly.
If they have the deed to the land they are no different than you as a private land owner

I am and have been a member of DU Canada for decades and have donated generously to them over the years this doesn’t give me any rights or privileges other than what they as a private company want to give me

Oh by the way I don’t even hunt waterfowl but I believe in most of what DU has done and continues to do