View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
Discussed this with one of the bios Calgary meeting. One of the with Newell is there are many big fish but recruitment is not doing as well for some reason. He said that iif they open it up as is and many of the bigger ones are taken out there is not a bunch of the younger spawning groups coming up and eventually there will be no old fish and only a few spawners. They are also considering moving forage around as well. Twin Valley is classic there. Tons of pike but they are just eating themselves so they are going to put perch and whites in to help as well as walleyes.
I know places they can get perch.

One year we live trapped about 40,000 perch in 3 days. Midnapore has tons of perch. Chaparral will soon enough have tons.

I would be curious as to how many perch our Fyke nets could catch with our reduced perch population.

Outside of that I would be curious as to where F&W would capture perch. Does twin have a minnow community?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin