View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 03:09 PM

I get your point...I have had my "draw length " measured at Trophy Book, Sherwood park Lanes, and WSS. ever single one was different.

I DO like the staff at Trophy Book, friendly and good prices. except for the young fellow, who wouldnt answer my questions, refused ( as in a loud NO!! in front of me) to help a female staff member fletch my arrows, or even talk about the pros and cons of a take down recurve versus a higher quality but simpler all wood one " I dunno",.

the lady said "hes in a bad mood" and the manager had to interecept because all the younger man could talk about was where they were going for lunch and basically ignored me, ( I was the only customer) She was awesome and let me try out a bunch of bows. i dont think I'd deal with the younger fellow again -either i wasn't spending $600 -900 on a compound ( I spent a measly 300 on a recurve) or he has a thing against female archers. done really want to go THERE. ugh.

WSS, the older fellow there into trad archery ( guy with goatee) is very helpful and non pressure. he didnt mind that I ended up buying my recurve at a place where i could shoot it for 2 hours before purchase. but if you cant shoot a bow, DONT buy it.

such is the life.
sigh...but I WOULD recommend Trophy Book archery, as long as you arent an unaccompanied woman,and if so, just deal with the lady staff.

J