Thread: Gas Mileage
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gade81 View Post
My new Silverado is the first vehicle I’ve owned that the computer is pretty much deadly accurate. Every other vehicle I’ve owned the computer always read better than actual. Sometimes a couple mpg’s at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was pretty common for the old computers to be out 10-20%. The newer ones seem to be a lot closer, but from what Daveyn says his Silverado is out in the neighbourhood of 10-12%. Anything that is accurate within 5% I would call pretty good and 5% of 33 would be 1.7 mpg so the Jeep is on target. I would have been VERY happy if the Hemi averaged 25 regularly on the highway and 16-17 or so in town. 21 in town and 30 highway just blows me away for a rolling box that has 360 horse and 390 ft/lbs of torque.

Like Old Ford said, this Jeep is only the second vehicle I have ever owned that actually does substantially better than the posted numbers (Typical Jeep posted numbers are 14 U.S. mpg/17 Imperial mpg City and 22 U.S./26.5 Imperial Highway for the Hemi V8) almost all of the time. The other is a Lexus GS430. Any other ones were always quite a bit less than the posted EPA mileages.