View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:10 PM

This whole thing imho is a silly excuse to eliminate the a lot of the bow season for a lot of guys. With this 15% of the harvest being taken with a bow I would love to see some of those numbers. 1- what percentage of these were non-residents guided (they are generally only shooting bucks and larger ones at that) 2-what percentage of these 15% were already draws? just my perception but it seems to me many of the deer that are taken with a bow are does THAT ARE BEING TAGGED WITH THE DRAW TAG
I hunt with a number of guys in one of the zones mentioned and have been far more successful on numbers and size of deer taken with the bow I have taken primarily my doe draws over the years and a decent 4x4 whitetail and a forkhorn buck when I was 19 I believe, those are the biggest bow kills in the group for antlers... (we wait for larger ones but it either hasn't worked out or we haven't had the opportunity) don't feel sorry for us we do pretty good with the rifle I have also never seen anyone other than a guide take out a buck...
Just saying all that you're going to take away by doing this is taking away the license revenue of a number of guys just hoping for the opportunity at the big one (rarely happens) If you want to take away the number of bow kills on large bucks make it a draw for NR hunters or eliminate the licenses completely or do something kinda like sheep hunting, register a bowkill and take a year off for the guys that pound them every year (although doing that would just make people jealous when instead of chasing mules they turn their attention to some poor animal of another species that would be in a lot of trouble as these guys are successful for a reason).