View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:11 PM

During the draw in June, u would have to state if you intend to hunt mule deer with a bow. And in doing so you would not enter the draw or gain priority points for that year. Unless of course u were applying for an archery mule deer draw but I think mule deer would be draw free if this was put into place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkmakemecrazy View Post
So I am a little confused. Can you please explain this to me?

You are saying that bowhunters should be happy to have a bow only season? Pretty sure there already is one.

Then you are saying if you decide to hunt mule deer with a bow then you can't hunt it with a rifle. Isn't this how it is already? Well at least for 4-5 years it is I think. So theoretically your plan is to have bowhunters declare to hunt with a bow until they have built up enough priority until they can draw a rifle tag. Isn't this exactly what we have now?

I guess I need a little more explanation as I can't see how your plan is any different than what we have now and I certainly can't see how this plan is going to help mule deer numbers.

I can see how this plan would work for species on a general tag like elk or whitetail. If you hunt elk in bow season you can't hunt them in rifle and vice versa but for the life of me I can't figure out how this helps mule deer hunting.