Thread: Going Viral
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 07:35 PM

I agree that more and more kids have the cell phones. I really don't see how it is teachers' responsibility to teach those kids how to use those phones, and how to use them safely.
""""""""""""
As parents we need to remind our kids about the things they post, or what their friends may post of them.
""""""""""""
As parents you need to teach your kids responsibility and accountability. And bring back punishment. And as a parent you should be in the loop about everything that your kid does online, there are plenty of means for that. As long as you bought him/her the phone and paying the bills you get to decide what's allowed and what's not. Block the MMS messages. If you let your kid sign up to facebook/instagram/snapchat/google+ or anything else make sure you are friended or following him/her. Don't give them carte blanche with the phone and say "one thing - can't take pictures of your boobs and send it to your friends". They won't listen.

And it really shouldn't matter to you that other kids have the phones. You need to decide when and under which conditions your kid gets his phone.
as far as getting hurt... may i ask you how much was your sun hurt when his picture was taken? I mean right now, or when it was taken? Not in remote theoretical future...
And what is "out there"? How do you know about it? Did you search "pictures of 5-6 year old boys in Calgary area" and found your son pics? Sometimes the boogie man is just your imagination.

You can't block everything out, unless you lock your kid in the basement in the plastic bubble.