View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 12:53 PM

ah man, I have so much to contribute to this thread.....ha ha...

1) Topwater: I have had so much success with Matzuo poppers in the Nopiming. Something about the way the mouth is carved, and the "action" that creates on the top...irresistible to Nop smallies! However, we got a tip about how to use Heddon Zara Spook "Super Spook Junior"'s, so we're giving them a run in June up at Tooth Lake in the Nop...I am over-the-moon excited for this right now...

2) Dauphin Lake in spring....I spent 4 years there working at the radio station and Lake Dauphin is one of the most underrated bodies of water in the whole province. Their walleye fishery is deadly. Also awesome is the Waterhen River up that way.....I'm one of the few that's a big fan of Silver Bass (Freshwater Drum) fishing, and they've got some TANKS up there....

3) AB fishing.....if you're into fly fishing for trout, this is certainly world-class. People come from (quite literally) all over the world to fly fish here. Mad respect for this. But where Manitoba/NW Ont (Sunset Country) shines is the diversity of fish. We have all the great trout opportunities that you have here (the Parkland/Duck Mountains plays host to the World Fly Fishing Championships) plus massive sturgeon, pike, walleye, perch, both smallmouth and some populations of largemouth bass, silver (drum) and white bass, goldeye/mooneye, some of the world's largest catfish, carp, bullhead.....and so many others that I'm not even thinking of right now....it's just beyond deadly.