View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakoShooter View Post
It has a short action with the ability for long for calibre bullets, whether that means anythibg to the average shooter or not is sort of beside the point, as is the fact it has innarguably been marketed well.

My objection has to marky_marks claim that it was innefective for use on big game....obviously a ridiculous claim based on the long history of the 6.5x55 on game.

There are always way too many cartridges, with far too little to differentiate beween them these days, the creed won because of marketing for sure, that doesn't make it bad.
I never said it wouldn’t kill an animal. I was stating that there is way better options

As for Personal experience.. On the 3 antelope hunts I did last year, I seen multiple antelope shot with the mighty 6.5 creedmoor. All of them required a minimum of at least 1 follow up shot. One sucked up 4 more shots. I was using a 26 nosler and every one was bang flop. If you count the buddy’s that borrowed my rifle for antelope, 5 went down instantly with the 26. Only difference between the creedmoor and the nosler is FPS.

Of the 7 musk ox our group took last year. They were shot with either a 308 or a 30/06. Every one shot with a 308 took multiple bullets. One took 5 shots. The 30/06 was far superior. Some took 2 but most were only 1. Once again what was the only difference? FPS
I could go on and on

I believe your limiting yourself with the creedmoor
Hornady will be pushing the 6.5 prc And they are already marketing it as the creedmoors big brother