View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
I never said it wouldn’t kill an animal. I was stating that there is way better options

As for Personal experience.. On the 3 antelope hunts I did last year, I seen multiple antelope shot with the mighty 6.5 creedmoor. All of them required a minimum of at least 1 follow up shot. One sucked up 4 more shots. I was using a 26 nosler and every one was bang flop. If you count the buddy’s that borrowed my rifle for antelope, 5 went down instantly with the 26. Only difference between the creedmoor and the nosler is FPS.

Of the 7 musk ox our group took last year. They were shot with either a 308 or a 30/06. Every one shot with a 308 took multiple bullets. One took 5 shots. The 30/06 was far superior. Some took 2 but most were only 1. Once again what was the only difference? FPS
I could go on and on

I believe your limiting yourself with the creedmoor
Hornady will be pushing the 6.5 prc And they are already marketing it as the creedmoors big brother
I’ve killed big game with the 243, 260, 7-08, 7x57, 280, 280 AI, 7mm Rem Mag, 7mm MSM, 308, 30-06, 300 WM, and 338 Win Mag and 95% of the time no one on this earth could tell the difference between any of them by game reaction after the hit. Now to be fair most were hit where it counts. If you shoot something in the guts you generally have to shoot them again regardless of the cannon you are packing.

-Billy Molls