Thread: How many rounds
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
260, I think you’re just over complicating it. Most shooters will know what they are capable of doing very quickly after a few Range visits. They will also know what their particular firearm is capable of in that same timeframe.
Even new Shooters with new guns should be able to see that fairly quickly and also know if it’s an equipment issue or they just weren’t feeling it that day.

That’s where Elk’s suggestion comes in, if you don’t know, clean. I don’t clean my barrels to often. I think my rimfires were the last to be cleaned. They had a drop of accuracy (defined by what I know they are capable of with the ammunition I have chosen to shoot through them). One of those was probably close to 3000 rounds, the other pushing 7000, if I had to estimate.

My answer to the question, is when you see you accuracy drop, as defined in my last paragraph, clean the barrel. If you know you were in a dirty environment, clean the barrel. I do tend to clean the rest of the gun more than I scrub the barrel.
This makes much sense.

-Billy Molls