View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 02:16 PM

This past summer When I was in Manitoba fishing for Catfish. We were fishing at the Locks , about 10 feet from where the water is coming threw , and I reel in my like thinking I got something good on , I reel it is , not fighting like a big fish I look over to my guide and say these cats don't fight very good , so I keep reeling it in he grabs the net , Its a 10 foot piece of Rebar . To this day longest thing Ive landed .

Of course fishing for sturgeon down at the North Saskatchewan river Ive caught used rubbers , and a piece of skin with hair that was really nasty , clams , dead goose , car tire , lots of used lines , a huge branch from a tree ,hooks .

But the best would of been Pigeon lake , I hooked up with a walleye , I forgot to re tie my line after about the 50th or more fish of the day , I was with Sucram , the thing snapped my line so I grab my other rod as it was already tied I could see my float moving so I put a new smelt on cast out to where my bobber and hook was in this fish , BANG Fish on , I got my other gear back and a nice 5 pound walter . That was a gooder .