Thread: Advice Please
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 07:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
As well polarized glasses are a must as far I’m concerned, they’ll help you see where the fish are, I’ve spent countless hours just watching trout, behind my moms house in pincher creek there are a couple flat areas with riprap on one side bank on the other, seeing them and how they act, is invaluable.
Something else to consider is spooking fish, I’ve actually crawled to some holes to avoid spooking fish and it has paid dividends.
When your walking around keep in mind fish sense vibration in their lateral lines, so if you’re stomping or sloshing around they’ll be long gone before you even realize they were even there.
Avoid really bright or dark clothing try and blend in with your surroundings, you have greater chance of alerting the fish to your presence.b
Those are some pretty big name places you bin goin, try some smaller creeks, remember, stealth, in between, off the beaten path stuff and, don’t be afraid to walk, walking pays dividends, seems lots of folk ain’t into walkin these here days.
By this time of the year, lots of fish have become educated, and have seen countless flies and lures, so think bigger (minnow) smaller (trico), don’t be afraid to think outside the box.
Read, and, reread, Barry Mitchell’s fishing guide and the Alberta map book are essential.
People say to me I’m lucky when I go fishing, luck ain’t got nothin to do with it, you need the odds stacked in your favour.
I should have clarified, the alberta back road map book.