View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
2010 F-150 and 2016 F-150. Both nothing but major problems for me. Both sold with less than 65,000 km on them.

I know that many people have great luck with domestic. I never have, so I will never bother trying again in the foreseeable future. That's a helluva lot of depreciation. In 2010, I didn't buy the Tundra because it was more expensive initially. In hindsight, that initial expense would have been the cheapest money I ever spent. Ever. I have no one to blame but myself.

The new Ranger already has a recall on it and it's been out for a month, ouch!!!

Just buy a Taco.
Best of both worlds and the reliability, re-sale value, and overall awesome midsize truck will keep you happy and probably do 99% of the stuff you need it for. You should be able to find a doublecab 4x4 for under 40G, maybe even less once you start haggling a bit. Mine was around $37G new.

My '13 Taco is about to hit 140k with zero issues, it's paid for and has honestly done 95% of all the stuff I have asked of it really well.
Would I like a Tundra, heck yeah, but not everyday use and the fuel bill that comes along with it.