View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Not to worry, I am not easily offended by such nonsense. Whether or not I owned the dogs, I have been hunting over other people's dogs for many years, and I have fired hundreds of thousands of rounds out of shotguns since the 90s , both hunting, and shooting clay targets. Oddly enough, the people that seem to have the least use for hi vis beads, and for aiming with beads, have also fired hundreds of thousands of rounds wing shooting.
I have no use for them either as anyone that read the thread instead of grabbing quotes out of context directed at someone else would know.

You yourself stated that you much preferred the slightly raised rib of the Brownings over the flat rib of Beretta. The ventilated ribs aren't vents they are part of a sight to look down and both come standard with high viz. What were you doing looking at them and how could they possible affect your shooting as you stated they did? You also stated that if a gun doesn't shoot where you are looking you just look somewhere else. Without referencing the sights, how do you know where to look? You reference the sight of course and if you only shoot a few rounds a years you would have to continue to do so or buy another shotgun that fit you better. And please explain why competition shooters use these dreaded things and a host of other widgets to aid in shooting. They shoot thousands of rounds a week, they should be able to do it with their eyes closed.

Anyway, my opinion stands. If you only get out a few tines a year (like the vast majority) put the bead on the bird and shoot. If you want to make the commitment, practise for hundreds of rounds and take it to the next level, get a shotgun fitted and get out to a club with someone like elkhunter to mentor you.

I would bet a weeks wages that 90% of "bird hunters" have never patterned their shotguns, have not practised enough or at all, and fire less than a couple of boxes of shells each year. Telling them to instinctively do something that they have never done is not going to produce results.