View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 09:36 PM

Default Why?

Eyes, you say, "your truck, picture of it speeding showing license plate,. you pay fine.."

If my wife were to have received a "normal" ticket would I also have to pay the fine? No. So how is this different? Or if you're on a long trip and let a friend drive your truck and he gets pulled over--do you pay the fine even though you're sitting in the passenger seat? No. Ownership does not equal paying the fine unless you're also actually driving. The charter clearly says the court has to prove me guilty. Clearly just owning my truck is not proof that I was driving it, given that my wife also drives it. I occasionally lend my truck to a friend I work with (he lends me other stuff I need). It could also reasonably have been him. And it could have been me (I don't think so). I don't think the court has proven that it was me, and therefore I'm not guilty...

Again, I'm open to the idea that I may lose, I'd just like to hear a line of reasoning or some legal precedent or something that explains why I would lose. "Because you will" is not much of a reason, although it may be true.