View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 08:01 AM
AO Sponsor

Much different landscape in the market this year from last, a world of difference from two seasons ago.

No comparison.

Buyers were hungry for goods then, a true lust for coyotes and associated antics that followed. But that is not the marketplace today. The market is very quiet, deathly quiet, and this is not limited to coyotes.

Various reasons for the quietness, but it boils down to time might prove to be our best friend??? The market could stabilize at a favourable level in time. However bear in mind the concept of a falling market, in such the faster you unload your goods the better you will do. However in light of $33 and $40 country averages, how much worse could you do? I hear rumours of $50 country average but not aware of them materializing. I suppose stuff could be a no sale… that be worse.

The stagnant price for coyote is not an isolated thing, at the SAGA sales in EU, prices were down and limited interest, the key problems, China absent even tho internet sale and 2- Covid based inventory backlog, both of finished goods, parkas, articles, as well as skins.

Chinas absence was due to covid lockdown implications, cant goto work to build fur trimmed parkas, cant go shopping to buy fur trimmed parkas… and mink coats and fox strollers etc. thus carryover inventories and…. Springtime is coming!

Myself, Im not certain what im going to do with my fur yet. There will be no great coyote giveaway like the one of summer 2019, but im still quite afraid of a giveaway like summer of 2020. 2019 couldnt be helped but 2020??? At least now many understand covid better and its very good to see the virus seemingly softening up - omicron throat instead of chest - and that softening likely to continue.

(BTW, what was the next virus Gates was candidly suggesting was next??? Anybody?)