View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
Hit the nail on the head right there. Just got off the phone from talking to someone with EID about the closure. No one there to inspect boats for invasive species after campground closes for season. Hence closing till freeze up for ice fishing. Will happen from what he said every year from now on.
Just gonna say of all the times I have gone to CVR (and go lots) have never once had my boat checked. Just filled out paperwork for boat and towing vehicle said boat has not been in any other water body, good to go. Put sticker on windshield. The gentleman I talked to said they were out all summer checking boats . They might need to train more people to inspect boats. Ya was going to go on Wednesday, oh well

But it makes no sense.

There is knowone checking at St Mary's and if there was enough water you could still launch. Knowone checking at Jensen at any point of the year or Chin after Sept long weekend. Also knowone at Newell after Labour day but there launch is open all year. I think they are just using the invasive species thing as an excuse.