View Single Post
Old 01-14-2023, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egymcara View Post
A few of my buds from Tobin Sask came up today for a three day trip on Cold Lake. Didn't get out fishing until around 11am this morning but stayed until 5pm. Fishing was mediocre but consistent, tons and I mean TONS of bait fish everywhere all day. We fished 55', 10 inches of ice, minimal snow, ended up with 35 or so fish on the ice. They had a great time and nabbed a few nice pictures. One of them caught a tanker burbot on a still line. Another guy dunked his rod down the hole and then we caught it 10 minutes later when we hooked up on the same fish . Going to put in some 12 hour days here sunday and monday, ill keep up with updates!

Cheers
That’s awesome you got the rod back lol!! I was fishing for whites with a slip bobber a couple summers ago, and set my rod on bow of my boat, sure enough something grabbed it and away it went. About 20 minutes later we saw the slip bobber maybe 80-100yds away, grabbed it and whatever took the rod busted off the hook and I got all but my chironomid back lol.

Good luck with the rest of the trip and look forward to hearing about it!!