View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
I think its time that F&W stop releasing dates and locations where they are stocking fish. Took a drive to Mount Lorette ponds today just to walk around, and not one fish was swimming around. its very sad to me. This used to be a great pond to bring my kids when they were little and let them experience catching a fish or two. Too many people have abused this pond in particular and even with two as a limit, it makes you wonder how this pond got cleaned out. As someone who has witnessed poaching and reported it, doesn't seem to matter.

I myself as an avid fisherman do not need to know where the fish were stocked. The answer to me is catch and release only in these types of ponds so as to let the kids learn and enjoy. The second thought is to not release info on release dates. Maybe having to drive to find out if the pond is stocked or not may deter some who just wait for the date and then fish it out as there own fish market.

What do other members think the solution is?
Leave put and take fisheries as they are. If the numbers of fish are down it is most likely a stocking/enforcement problem so put more time and dollars into those.