View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 01:04 PM
Banned

jeep, love jk's and the new jl would be on my shortlist if shopping today, i need a box though, wish i didn't

jk's have highest resale value in canada, over all vehicles!

huge subaru fan too, very high resale also, just need a box but often recommend them to peeps

nissan...not impressed with a couple friends have had, the v8's were piggies, new and first couple years yes but issues started popping up, both wouldn't buy again, they seem to be turning into the bargain japanese vehicles

ford? really...maybe a new alum body one, do any get decent mileage? ride like a truck still too though, i rented one before i bought the ram, felt like a body on frame pogo stick handling, old school v6 without enough gears was terrible too, i'm sure that config would have been reliable enough, just no love to live with

if they can pair a modern v6 with at least 8 gears and figure out how to ride and handle like the coil spring ram's then they are talking but as is they run twin turbo 6's that are gas pigs, and overly complex imo, maybe they've got a modern v6 non-turbo with that 10 speed now? still can't match the ride/handling though and do they offer a 121 liter or better tank option? for us half ton guys that don't need to tow a house but put the miles on...tough to beat the penastar 8 spd and 121 liter fuel tank, but goes much deeper, the engine is a star in it's own right, so is the tranny, so is the programming of them together...then the ride and handling, seat comfort, most like to travel cross country with the ram wins hands down

mine is a 2014, easily the best pick in the segement for that year range, i had a 13 chev couldn't wait to get rid of, rented the ford, had a tundra before the chev, good truck but too much for half ton needs, hauled azz sucked gas and rode stiff, comfortable seats and reliable, great tranny/motor programming (chev needs to wake the eff up on this!)

anyway, 95% of vehicles are bought on looks alone, and in that regard the dodge ram has that white oakleys tap out shirt sort of look....so i get the resistance to it, do the homework though and take the looks out of the equation and you have the finest of the half tons

today i'd be looking aweful hard at the new ridgeline also but i still think my ram would beat it in a couple key areas and force the decision but in so many other areas the honda would whoop my truck...that would be a tough call but a far closer comparison than the ram against the other half tons imo

when the new jeep jl truck comes out that could be one to watch, look out tacoma's, that'll be the mid size to have, resale and otherwise

as it is i beat tacoma 4.0l's in gas mileage and i have a 6 passenger full size half ton with a 7200 lb tow capacity and 121 liter fuel tank that is faster then my gm 5.3 v8/6 speed was, the taco will hold higher resale likely but would not want to live with one day to day comfort not in the same league...boom