View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Sorry if this sounds simple ......but maybe you dont know ...... all that stays in your boat is this 5" x 5" plastic base. The downrigger get unplugged, un-mounted and stays in the garage, RV or shed and does not need to be on the boat. There are 4 thumb screws that mount to the base.

Just permanently bolt this base down - easy and neat and the rigger completely installs and removes in 35 seconds. The bolts are recessed.

http://www.sportco.com/store/pc/Scot...-756p42533.htm

You will hardly notice this on your back deck or rear gunnels - it looks factory, clean and is, in fact, the proper, safe way to mount this.

If you are dead set against putting 4 holes in your boat in exchange for the time, effort and associated risk with rigging up a seat base contraption then cool. I bet 99% of guys buying your boat wouldn't bat an eye lash when it comes time to sell your boat. Most wouldn't even notice it I bet.
Yes I understand how riggers mount to a boat. I had them mounted on my last one. Back to my original post, I guess only JohninAB is the only one who has seen or tried mounting to a seat base. Thanks for the info guys I'll figure something out