View Single Post
Old 10-10-2023, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStyler View Post
I've gone through many tubes of Aquaseal/Gearaid. None has ever been Lumpy. Is there a date of manufacture on it?

If you've never used it before, be sure to lay the surface that you are applying it to out flat. It may seem like it's thick enough to not run. So, you may be tempted to think it will be okay when not level. When you come back an hour later it will have run. Then the boys will really make fun of you!

Oh, and wear nitrile gloves. The stuff gets everywhere!

Another annoying thing is storing your tube once open. The cap does not seal well at all, so the tube likes to turn into one solid lump of useless rubber. I cut a piece of thick plastic bag to act as a gasket, and place it over the nozzle, attempting to get all the air out. Then screw the cap on - folding over the plastic into the threads. Then store it in the freezer. With that method, there seems to usually be only a small lump of rubber in the nozzle to dig out when I go to use more of it. I don't know why they cant make like 5 ml one-time use tubes.
It was clumpy right out of the tube. I put a dry bag flat on the ground and applied some for a test and it cured clumpy.

So must be a bad batch.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin