View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
I don’t agree with the carbon tax but it is irrelevant to this conversation. So you want all marine shipping stopping in Canada? Do you know those big CAT 797’s moving oilsands don’t have the same emissions standards as your pick-up either? Big compressor engines don’t meet the same standards either. Should we shut them down too until someone figures it out? Just stop for a minute elk, and think what you would say if Justin actually did this.
. Woah, woah, woah!!! Don‘t reply yet. Take another
minute to think about that.

Seeing as how our diesel plant made the diesel that we burned in our heavy equipment, I happen to know that our diesel had to meet the 10ppm standard. My analyzer crew was responsible for monitoring the sulfur level, and if the level ever exceeded the 10ppm, we were not allowed to burn it, we had to run it through the plant again . And if we had an issue with a reading above 10ppm, I heard about it immediately. And we also had to import biodiesel to comply with the government standard for using a percentage of renewable based diesel.

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2016/0...ewable-diesel/
So no carbon tax should be even considered, until all fuel used in Canada, is held to the same standard. And I am referring to fuel, not to the actual emissions produced by the engine, since it is the fuel that the carbon tax is applied to. And the carbon tax should be applied to all oil imports as well.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 03-28-2024 at 11:37 AM.