Thread: Weed kill
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2023, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Question: How do these chemicals mix with your well water? Can they leach into your water table?? Just curious......
Officially, and according to the manufacturers, the low residual chemicals become "safe" after they are no longer in an aqueous state (when they dry). So, the Roundup is only killing when it's wet. Once its dry it's safe for people and pets to walk on ........... supposedly. I feel better after it dries, and it's been a day or two and maybe a good rain after. You can feel a film on the grass/weeds for a few days, but, admittedly, its very yard to rub off.

In terms of ground water contamination, anything you put on your lawn, or above your well, if there is a path there, even if it's years to get there, will get there eventually. Having said that, there are many natural chemical in the soil too that are just as (or more) harmful - so for me, and my well, I am less concerned about well contamination for the amount of Roundup that will eventually make it's way down there. You are not using allot of it, and most of the volatiles have evaporated leaving carrier chemicals that are not that harmful really.