Thread: Speeding Ticket
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 01:54 PM

You can either not do anything about it, plead not guilty and fight it, or go and ask for the ticket to be lessened.

But if you ever get pulled over by an actual cop your best bet is to go and plead with the judge. Tell them you'll pay the ticket if they take the demerits off. More often than not they'll take off all the demerits and take off a few bucks from your ticket.

But here's a little thing I learned....if you think you can somehow get out of it ($89, that's what, 20-25 over?), or there is the slightest chance the ticket could be wrong PLEAD NOT GUILTY. I have a theory on how these tickets work. Let's say the officer writes 100 tickets from the photo radar. 50 of them plead not guilty. He is going to look at the 50 of them and see which ones are open and shut cases...after all, there is no point in him showing up for 20 cases that he won't win. He will then withdraw the charges on those tickets which he doesn't know for sure he can win. I've tested this theory and it works 60% of the time (which may not be much, but it has saved me a bundle of money). Can you tell I used to speed a lot in my younger days?