Thread: Antelope.
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
I saw alot of them a month ago.....but now see none,I honestly think coyotes killed them off where I was seeing them.

I dont think they should have increased the tags given out,but they probley did so mostly for political reasons......Saskatchewan doesnt have a season for the 3rd year now....On the same token they dont have Antelope outfitters Neither.

What are the population estimates and goals in Saskatchewan? Are you sure that you are making a valid comparison?
Your cousin gave up sex so you should?

Harvesting Males at a conservative level (20-25% of the buck population) will Not impact the reproductive potential of the herd. There is no good reason why Alberta Residents have received over 800 fewer licences per year in 2011 and 2012 based on the population estimates.

In speaking with those who were in the airplanes doing the counts, the confidence levels in the estimates are strong that the count was valid on the minimum number of Pronghorns, if anything the estimate is conservative. There has been a definite increase in the population.

Check out the graphs I provided. The long term average Trophy licences issued from 2001-10 is 8.7% of the population. In 2011 and 2012, we received 1.7and 1.9%, or a reduction of 80% in licences from what the Pronghorn management plan policy mandates. There was and is no conservation concern based on the population estimates, so WHY were Residents shorted so many Trophy licences?