View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF8889 View Post
So should we be ****ed we can't hunt at night? Sure, it's dangerous. But so is hunting in areas non hunters access... like Wildland Parks... slippery slope.

Should we be ****ed we can't trap deer? Sure it's not exactly fair chase. But neither is bear baiting...slippery slope.

Should we be ****ed we can't hunt moose with a .22? Sure it takes a pretty damn good shot. But so does a traditional bow... slippery slope.

This idea all hunters must support all hunting regardless of how they feel is insanity. And it is only a "good thing" until it contradicts your idea of what is right.
I don't buy into the notion that I must support all conservative ideas because I am a conservative....or I must support all hunters because I am a hunter.

I am also a free thinking individual...and I will support things I can get behind. That being said I personally don't think spears should be banned....but I do think the spear lobby was in their best interests to make a proactive presentation with facts and proven data to help convince the powers that be to adapt it as an acceptable form of hunting with minimum requirements. This is no different than other methods. They knew this was a matter of time, some proactive research and homework may have given a different outcome. Just my own personal thoughts.

LC