View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Blakeinator2

Default Re: X-Bows

Lol Shed.....i was on the ground with my biggest whitetail at 30 yrds when i drew on him twice. Blind is most reliable way to do whitetails on ground imo. I stalked a whitetail doe to 18 yrds, drew behind tree, came around it and made it happen no prob also...the stalk was the hard part. Being on the ground with whitetails is a challenge that is most definitely 99% hunter forsure...the tool is a small factor. Mule deer are much easier to be on the ground with....but either way...the tool itself is a minor factor...if your good with either one then you got same odds with either one.

I've been in most situations with deer, tree's/ground etc. but the only critters i'd argue the draw is a massive factor....is coyotes. Those pesky little boogers have busted 4 out of 5 times on the draw....the deer....not a big deal man. If i thought it was then i'd say so...but i don't have trouble getting the draw. Personally i love the draw part of it, i don't think i could give up the compound for myself...there is something about pulling it back and touching it off etc. that general satisfaction about shooting a bow. But it still doesn't change my opinion on where the crossbow fits...and all the benefits that would go with that.

We can go round and round but the the stats show that whatever the differences are between the two choices(draw, weight/cumbersome, second shot etc. etc.)...they are moot as the numbers show each as effective as the other in the field....so the draw is not near the factor people first think.

B