View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 11:37 AM
bagwan

Default Re: crossbows

Sharpstick. I'm one of those poor fellows who no longer can pull (actually hold) a bow for the practice times needed to stay confident in my abilities to bow hunt. I even bought a new bow last year hoping it would help. I cranked it down to 42 and still couldn't practice enough. Anyway a guy in Fort Sask is happy as he has a kit for 2/3 the price of new. My point is on the 40 lb statement about staying out of the woods. Kind of stupid as I took 3 deer and the wife shot an adult moose and my poor decrepit body got them all in the truck. Thank God for come-a-longs, meat saws and ingenuity. Where theres a will theres a way. Some excellent points have been made on this topic. I for one never considered a cross bow and I would certainly have to try to use one before buying as some of the above good info leaves me to believe they are not for an old fart who borrows his wifes T3 because the Sako75 is getting too heavy.. The funny thing about a bum shoulder (in my case) is that I still have lots of power in other uses, just can't hold the draw even on a modern bow.