Thread: Canada Goose
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeywillow View Post
Those would be the ones Dave, you bet ... may-be their answer to that fashion fluctuation Marty keeps mentioning ?? Never know. To an ordinary dumbell looking-in like me, diversification to their line and staying ahead of demand is exactly what that new stuff is intended for.

But I'll tell you something else. The girlfriend works as an eyelash tech (latest fad goin' with the ladies these days) and I see alot of those women wearing parkas that aren't Canada goose but-do have fur trim on each of them. Many brands. I've paid attention because I'm selling coyotes into this market same as you guys, and I like to try see what kinda pieces are being used on all those different parkas ... long story short, some of those trims aren't very schnazzy at all [NOTHING I'd call top-lot quality anyway] yet the ladies wearing them claim them beautiful and when asked about it they always reply coyote (or racoon??) Half don't even know what they have. And I guarantee at least half have no idea if it's real. They pay regardless, as long as it looks nice.

So don't underestimate the ladies driving these markets ... they drive through blizzards & snowstorms like hell wouldn't have to get hair-do's and new lash-extentions, times they should stay home for sure. When it comes to fashion & looking beautiful it's no holds barred to slow them down, and money truly does become "no object" lol.. I see it with my own eyes-- it can't be any different in China, Finland, Russia or wherever. And I think the people at Goose know that too. As long as there's a player willing to run with that, the guys like us supplying from the bottom should do well too ... best hope the new Inuit design line hits it outta the park & keeps the notion for fashion fresh among the ladies out there!!!

Trapper oughtta do well too as long as that lasts
Word is that dog fur is pretty prevalent on a lot of Asian knock-offs.