View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear guy View Post
Got my sheep registered last week. Got to say it will be interesting from now on. The machine they have is pretty precise. One thing to note and it has been mentioned on here before is that they are still using the eye socket at the measuring point for what is legal. I had a frustrated chat with the bio about it because they now have to have a bio and a fish cop to register your sheep.
I said they will have some issues because the regs state eyeball but they are going from the eye socket now that you have to cape your sheep out. This will add about an inch longer in horn length now to become legal. I suspect many sheep will not pass now in the future so heads up! Hard to see an eye socket while hunting!
At least you got to talk to the officer and biologist. They wouldn't let me talk to them in the Lethbridge office when I took my ram in. Your right there are going to be a lot of sheep taken away with the new jig. There will be about a half inch difference I thought with the cape removed. On a 4/5 ram. With a full curl ram the new jig will help a lot of sheep make it with the cape removed as it moves the center of the nostril down a bit.